Friday, October 22, 2010

Gross

My dear mother is visiting me this week.  Except for today, I have been or will be working everyday that she's here, which is unfortunate.  Thursday morning, while working the day job, my phone rings and I answer it when I see it's Mommy calling.  (Typically, the ringer is off on my phone while I'm working but because she's visiting and she may have--will have--various geographical or household questions, I left it on.)  Anyhoo.  The phone rings.  It's Mommy.

"Hello?"
"Hi.  I was just wondering if you have any raisins?"
Pause.
Considering a reply.
Pause.
"Are you seriously asking me this question?"
Pause.
"Oh, yeah, that's right.  I guess you wouldn't have any.  I just wanted some raisins to go in my hot cereal."
"Uh-huh.  Well, I still don't like 'em so I'm not going to have them around, but if you want I can stop at the store and buy some for you."
"No, that's alright."

This was all done with good natured chuckling though I really was taken aback that she actually thought I would have those disgusting, shriveled little bug parts in my home when I have never liked them and studioulsy picked them out of many an oatmeal cookie and steaming bowls of cream of wheat, oatmeal and malt-o-meal.  Blech.

I love my mother.  And I love her even more because she called to ask such an innocent question.  Really.

Do I have any raisins.  Sheesh.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Haha, that's funny!