Saturday is Record Store Day, and anyone who lives in a town that supports independent record stores MUST participate by showing up at the record store and purchasing something; even if it is a used something. Though I'll be attending the EMP Pop Conference, I will definitely find time to drop into Sonic Boom--my favorite independent record store in Seattle--and buy... buy... I'm not sure, yet, what I want to buy. But you can bet that I'll spend my hard earned government student loan money on a great record. And yes, I do mean the vinyl kind. I promise to let y'all know what it is.
Within the last week I have had two different people tell me about manifesting what you want simply by writing it down or even sending the fully formed declaration out into the universe. While I am loathe to believe in astral plane, hippy-dippy mumbo-jumbo I concede that there is something to this. The first person told me of the Intention List that a mutual friend of ours had and how he (the friend sharing the information) needed to start one of those. The other friend explained the notion of thought forms-- like clouds that you send up into the astral (?) plane; these you just have to visualize and don't need to write down.
I am going to do both. You can't see the clouds, but here is the list:
1. I will get a job at the Microsoft Library/Archives in one month.
2. I will move into a two bedroom apartment at the Panorama where my friend's mom lives in two months. (The two bedrooms cost what most one bedrooms in the area cost. Aiming high, here.)
3. I will have a great big party after I move into my new pad.
4. I will wear Jill Sander suits and look a-maze-ing.
5. I will help my mother, financially, live a care-free life.
Not bad, huh? This is what will happen.