Wednesday, July 06, 2005

5'5.25''

At long last, my suspicions have been confirmed. I am NOT, as I have been led to believe for much of my late teenage years and all of my adulthood, 5'4''! No. I am NOT, as my mother insists on repeating to all who ask how tall her daughter, Linnet, is, 5'4". NO. I am FIVE FEET FIVE AND A QUARTER INCHES!!! And that is the honest truth. My height forever inscribed on the door frame between the kitchen and living/sleeping room of my apartment. (At least until the next tenant moves in and paints over it.) Next year, when I renew my driver's license, I get to CHANGE MY HEIGHT, and I won't even be fudging, like some people might do on the weight part, either. I mean, who really knows exactly how much they weigh? But I do know how TALL I am. And now, everyone else who sees my driver's license, or comes to my home and sees the door frame, or by some very random chance reads this blog will also know. Plus, I'm going to tell my mom tomorrow. The truth shall be known. It will out, I say. 5'5.25".

No comments: