Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lynksys = Bad/DLink = Good

As a Mac user, I often come across programs and websites that aren't very apple friendly. With Firefox as a web browser, thankfully, most of that frustration can be circumvented. HOWEVER, when trying to set up a wireless router... well, let me just tell you that Lynksys is the devil and I think that no one should buy stock in that company, if there is stock to be bought. Oh, sure, you can go to their website and try to figure out the mumbo jumbo tech speak that tells you how to manually set up the irritating machine; but if you are like me and really, REALLY need someone to hold your hand when it comes to this kind of thing, then the website is no help. The "technical" support is very sorry, ma'am, but unable to assist you with this problem. Please refer to our "help" pages. Help my eye.

All is well at l'bird's wireless nest, now that I've found DLink. The nice young man walked me through the entire set up process and now I'm free! I'm free! No longer saddled to the confines of my little desk. Sitting comfortably on the couch while I await my dinner date, Erin. (Noodles, anyone? I'm starving.) She can call up to my apartment without fear of a busy signal because I don't have dial up anymore!!! Wow. School rocks.

O. Except the "I have no idea what I'm doing I must be insane" feeling that I've had since yesterday. School does rock. Librarians are the best.

No comments: