Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Adventures on Cap. Hill


This was the scene in front of my building upon my return home from the Editors show (with Louis XIV and Hot Hot Heat). I was walking home from the bus stop on B'way and I heard lots of siren action, had the thought "gee, hope my building's not on fire" and then saw all these red flashing lights as I approached my street. There were actually more firetrucks than the those in this picture, an aid car--or two-- a fire chief's car along with a couple of police cars. I'm not really a gawker when it comes to things like this, but my goodness! Four firetrucks are sitting on the street you live on and it's kind of wild. Luckily, it seems that there wasn't any visible damage or injuries. No aid cars left with people. There definitely was a smell of something burning, maybe a kitchen fire? Anyway, seems all were safe and after about 20 minutes the flashing lights and the idling engines were gone, leaving the 'hood in peaceful midnight silence once again.

The show, by the way, was excellent. The bands were full of fantastic energy and charisma; really good performers all around, which isn't always the case. All three bands had an obvious love for what they were doing and the mutual energy between musicians and audience was palpable. If anyone who reads this blog has an opportunity to see them, especially the Editors or Hot Hot Heat, I say GO!

No comments: