Sunday, August 13, 2006

11 Days and I'm Still Alive

Yup. This would be day number eleven. No caffeine. No wheat. No dairy. No sugar (of the refined type. Natural fruit sugar is okay. Thank goodness the peaches and nectarines are in season!). It was tough, I didn't know if I could do it, and then, suddenly I was. I am. Even getting used to the taste of green tea and, dare I say, LIKING it. Crazy, no? But enough about that.

Also getting everything in place to begin applying to graduate schools. I have found 5 programs that seem like a good match. (And not just because I won't have to take the GRE.) They all cost about the same--too much, and I'm not going to worry about that--have 100% online programs and have been highly regarded by the ALA. (That's the American Library Association, kiddies.) Can you believe it? Me, a librarian. Who, hopefully, can continue to work as an actor, even if it is for fringe productions of HIGH quality--please, please, please--from time to time. Not quite ready to give that up. Though, definitely ready to do something with me brains and school.

Having announced to just about everyone I know that these are my plans, I sure hope I don't have to announce to same everyones that I was not accepted into any of the schools. I know it's lame to care, but I care. About getting into a school, yes. AND about having to admit that I failed. That I wasn't distance learning grad school material. (Yes, it is true. I am putting restricitions on how I will go to school. But I don't want to move. I like it here.) There is a part of me that wishes I hadn't said anything to most people and then I could surprise them with the news of "I'm going to grad school!". However, I find that I feel more motivated to get my ducks in a row in a timely manner BECAUSE I have been so free with the sharing of my plans. See? Goods and Bads.

No comments: