Sunday, September 24, 2006

No Show

She didn't show. The suit is back on the rack and I wonder if she will come in again, or if she'll be another every few months kind of gal who blows through and then disappears. I wish her the best.

In other news...I've been working on my letter of recommendation for my grad school applications. 500 words sure isn't a lot, despite what some online chat rooms say. Hello, I'm Linnet and I'm intelligent, dedicated, able to comprehend multiple concepts as well as being light hearted with a sense of humour. Oh, and you want me in your program. I'm an asset. One might think it would be simple to get all of that squeezed in to a couple of pages, double spaced. Any advice from my grad school reading friends would be helpful. (hmmm...I think there are two of you...no, three, if Ali reads this. Do you read this Ali?) Part bragging, part humility, part fun. That's what the samples I have read seem to possess. It all seems like a game. Do I admit that I haven't been able to make my living as an actor so I've decided to go back to school for a "useful" degree? I mean, that's partly the truth. Of course, they don't need to know that I'm not giving up the acting thing. I mean, if I have to earn a living outside of acting, to support my acting, why not make it something that actually earns some kind of living? I am all for some kind of retirement fund, something to keep me from working at McDonald's when I'm 75. Maybe some of my sweet nieces and nephews will want to take care of me? Like that cute little Colin McLaughlin. (Paige's, my youngest sister, son.) He sure seemed like he took a shinin' to me when I visited a couple of weeks ago...

No comments: