Friday, March 06, 2009

Future Jokes

Hey!  It's just after midnight and I should be in bed, but I'm all amped up because I think that I found a topic for the literature review that I have to write for my Indexing and Abstracting class. Indexing music terms--genres, moods, titles, lyrics... sounds good, huh?  O, yeah, baby.  

On another note, I was just laughing to myself about some jokes I heard last Saturday.  I'd gone to the French Kicks show, solo, as is my wont.  Ran into a friend who was with some of his friends.  Afterwards (gosh this is taking a while to get to the point...) friend that I knew and one of his friends--the one who was visiting from Vancouver, BC,--went to Linda's for a drink where these two funny gentlemen proceeded to introduce me to the world of future jokes.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Future Jokes.  Basically taking the format of any past or present joke--guy walks into a bar, etc.--and peppering it with made up sci-fi sounding words.  I sense that I am not able to convey the hilarity of the situation.  That's alright, you'll just have to take my word for it.  Once they started telling these jokes, I became obsessed--in between cracking up at this new genre of humor--with contributing my own future joke.  But of course, I came up with nada.  I have a hard enough time telling present jokes.  Worse, I haven't stopped thinking about how to compose a really hi-lar-ee-us future joke of my own to slay 'em with next time we should meet.  sigh.  

  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like this?
I just flew in from Luna Station Echo... and boy are my hypersonic transference pods tired!

Or this:
A guy walks into a bar and says, "Barkeep, make it a double!" And the bartender says, "What do you think this is, a transgenic stem cell replicator?"

~Adam

Anonymous said...

Can I do just a punchline?

"That's no lady, that's my cybernetic companion unit!"

~Adam
(way to post my other jokes, btw)