1. Visited with many friends but did not have nearly enough time with them: Niamh and her brother John; Matt and Diana (she was also visiting); Michael, Calvin and Vivian; Jenara, Mitch and Alafair; Ali.
2. Enjoyed the Neue Galerie, Japan Society, Metropolitan Museum of Art, three small galleries in Chelsea featuring Ellsworth Kelly pieces (large paintings in two and small drawings in one), the Chelsea Art Museum, a couple of other random galleries in Chelsea showing artists that I don't know but would like to except I didn't make any notes and I can't remember any names.
3. Ate. A lot.
4. Walked. A lot.
5. Rode the subway.
6. Saw Moises Kaufmann's new play, 33 Variations. The best elements were the Eugene O'Neil Theatre (gorgeous and the perfect size) the set, lighting, pianist, Jane Fonda and the company (Ali). The script was eh.
7. Did I mention that I ate? A lot.
8. Drank many cups of marginal coffee in the form of lattes, americanos and regualr ole' joe.
9. Drank a few really good cups of coffee.
10. Avoided the St. Patrick's Day Parade but not the drunk crowds which bore a striking resemblance to frat boys and sorority girls. And some people way too old to be that drunk and that green at 11am on a Tuesday.
11. Wrote a short literature review for class that required a minimum of 15 cited articles as well as working on another essay for a different class.
12. Shopped. A little.
13. Spent money. A lot.
14. Loved being there. A lot.